|Publishing with Front Page 98
Start the Personal Web Server
With FrontPage, this is a one time process per web site. This must be started before
you can use the publish button. If you are an expert with an FTP program, you may
chose to publish your web site the traditional way using FTP software. If you would
rather NOT use FTP to publish pages, then these steps must be followed in order to use the
built-in publishing wizard.
- To use the publishing button or wizard in FrontPage, you need to start up the personal
This is found outside of FrontPage; it is a service that needs to be started.
- To start up the personal web server, follow these steps.
- Minimize FrontPage
- Click START, then SETTINGS, then CONTROL PANEL.
- Double Click the PERSONAL WEB SERVER icon.
- The personal web server tool is now displayed.
- Click the STARTUP tab.
- Click the START button on this TAB.
- You are now ready to use the publish button in FrontPage to publish your web site.
- Close the Personal Web Server Properties by clicking the X button.
- Close the Control Panel by clicking the X button.
- Return to the FrontPage Explorer.
- Click the PUBLISH button.
- Click the MORE WEBS button to type in a web address.
- Type in the following web address http://geocities.com
Click the OK button.
- Enter the FTP Server Name for Geocities. Leave the Directory Path Blank. The
Geocities server will locate your folder based on your member name and password.
Click the NEXT button.
- Provide your Geocities User Name.
Provide your password for this name.
Click the FINISH button.
- If all goes well.......You will see this Transferring Files screen and.......
YOU ARE PUBLISHING!!!!!!!
YOU ARE PUBLISHED!
Return to Top